Travelling to canada

This thread is intended to contain information useful to people travelling to Canada. From Visa related issues, to discusses on different Canada Immigration programs.
germanatta

Travelling to canada

Post by germanatta »

I got admission to MUN for engr'ng management earlier this year(and I got an agent for the visa application.though my school fees was 22k CAD,i had a closing balance of over 6m though about 3million left some weeks after,I was denied based on SPONSORSHIP NOT CREDIBLE.
A friend that works with an oil firm wanted to co-sponsor then but my agent said it might not fly cos I already had a family and it might be difficult for the VO to swallow that.Though I am married with a kid,my wife lost her job late last year,so i could not add her salary account statement.
MUN has sent my new deferral offer against 2014 and I plan to start the application myself.Please i need all the right guidance I can get.My monthly salary is about 220K per month.kindly advise how best to package the application to avoid the sponsorship credibility issue agai.
emigravinn

Re: Travelling to canada

Post by emigravinn »

So sorry your agent did not give you the brilliant idea he was meant to render.

There are red flags you must avoid when applying as a married man because the VO is interested in knowing how you plan to support yourself and family without working in Canada even if you are entitled to 20hrs/week work permit.

A tuition of 22k by an exchange rate of 157 to a dollar, will give you 3.45M; so your balance needs to be almost double this amount because you are self sponsored and have no other means of support.

I have a colleague who was in same situation but finally he got his trv and he is currently in canada. In his case he payed his tuition upfront before applying.